Healthy Ways to Deal with Stress – Tips from the Doctors at South Tampa Immediate Care
Stress is in all of our lives, and to a certain degree it is unavoidable. Between managing work schedules, family time, and the various other activities that fill our lives, it is easy to get overwhelmed. Stress and anxiety can also have physical manifestations, such as insomnia, headaches, or chronic health issues like frequent colds or indigestion. If you feel that your life is becoming overly stressful and you or those close to you are feeling the effects, the doctors at South Tampa Immediate Care are here to offer some tips for reducing stress in healthy ways.
- Clearing clutter – De-cluttering and organizing spaces can have a calming effect on your mind. Without a mess of papers, to-do lists, bills, toys, and other items, you’ll be more likely to focus on a single task at a time.
- Relaxing – Take some time out for yourself each day to make a conscious effort to relax. Perform some deep breathing exercises, read a chapter of a book, or simply sit down with a cup of tea.
- Exercising – Staying active can increase your endorphins, helping you to feel more positive and less anxious.
- Eliminating noise – Try to remove both literal and figurative noise from your life. Choose an hour or two during which you don’t use your cell phone, laptop, email, iPod, or other devices that may cause you to feel unfocused.
- Thinking ahead – Be aware of external situations that typically cause you stress and devise some coping mechanisms to help you manage this anxiety.
At South Tampa Immediate Care, we provide you with reliable, quality healthcare in an environment that won’t contribute to the stresses in your life. Not only are we centrally located at 602 South Howard Avenue, but we also offer convenient hours so that you can visit us during the days, evenings, and weekends. We even offer a convenient call-ahead service so that you can minimize your wait time at our walk-in clinic.
For more tips on healthy living, please browse our full list of online articles. If you would like more information about South Tampa Immediate Care or the services we offer, including flu shots, physicals, and vitamin B12 injections, contact us today.