Keeping Kids Healthy at the Start of the School Year – Tips from the Doctors at South Tampa Immediate Care
As your children head back to school, they’re also heading back into an environment where they’ll be surrounded by a lot of other kids and, inevitably, a lot of germs. While there’s no real way to protect your family from all the germs that are out there, there are ways that you can keep them as healthy as possible. The doctors at South Tampa Immediate Care would like to share a few tips with you about how to start off the school year on the right foot:
- Be sure your children have a clean bill of health before starting the new school year by getting them school physicals.
- Remind your children to always wash their hands after they use the restroom, before meals, and after recess.
- Ask their teachers if instant hand sanitizer will be readily available for the children to use in the classroom and throughout the school facility.
- Pack nutritious lunches that will help keep their immune systems in tip-top shape.
- Make sure they always have the appropriate clothing based on the weather forecast for the day.
- Check their book bags each morning to make sure they have the proper school supplies, which reduces the chance of them having to borrow items from classmates.
It’s also a great idea to have a local health clinic on speed dial should you need to bring your children in for last-minute flu shots, sore throat treatment, physicals, or any other issues that may arise. At South Tampa Immediate Care, we offer a wide range of treatments and services for non-life-threatening conditions, and our flexible hours mean you can visit us days, nights, and weekends without an appointment. To learn more about the services we offer at our walk-in healthcare clinic, please contact us today.